Popular posts from this blog
A Black Hole is Not a Hole
Title: A Black Hole is Not a Hole Author: Carolyn Cinami DeCristofano Illustrator: Michael Carroll We picked up this book on black holes around the time we lost one of Science's brightest stars, Stephen Hawking. My 9 yr old and I have been thoroughly enjoying the fundamentals of something so absolutely intriguing, humbling, and fascinating! I highly recommend it to any adult or child that wants to get a first grip on the concept of black holes. #PictureThis #0andUp
A soother
OWL BABIES By Martin Waddell , illustrated by Patrick Benson OWL BABIES is a picture book that deals with a very sensitive issue that every infant or toddler experiences early on. It is a book about the mental anguish that young ones undergo due to maternal separation and the constant reassurance they need - the belief and trust that every mother would unfailingly return to her young one. The book zooms into a simple yet critical incident in the lives of three owlets. The setting is a sober conversation among three siblings upon discovering their mommy's disappearance one night. Waiting is painful. They hope and pray that their mother is out, only to find food, that she is safe and that she would definitely come back to them. The mommy hooter returns. Her unexpected yet expected return makes the owlets ecstatic! I bought this book around the time my daughter started preschool (after staying at home for a good chunk of her early life) . I would always reassure her that I would pick ...
